Home » Archives for 2013
Do you remember the Halloween style Notifications?
The view count stats should appear a few minutes after you upload the image. All you need to do is click on one of your images and right at the bottom of the image you'll see the view count. Here's a screen captured example of an image uploaded two days ago (click to view full screen):
In many ways this is similar to the view count of videos uploaded to Youtube.
After uploading a video, the uploader can analyze how well his video is performing based on many factors such as the view count, likes and comments the video receives.
As the Google+ platform develops we might be seeing more advanced built-in analytics tools, which offer more in depth analysis for each post. Perhaps it will be somewhat similar to the Youtube Analytics tools.
Why else should (or can) these stats be important for you?
1. You can analyze different parameters related to the type of images you upload and the related +1 / shares it receives.
2. You can get a general idea of how many people see each image you upload.
3. You can check which of your images is your 'all time most viewed' image.
Note that you can check statistics for any photo on Google+, not just your own photos! After clicking on an image in a Google+ post, the view count will load within a few seconds.
Feel free to +1 or Share this post, we believe it can be useful for many people!
Have another idea why this information can be useful? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.
If you haven't heard of or checked out the Google+ Partner Playbook, it's definitely worth a few minutes (at least) of your time.
The Partner playbook has 57 pages of excellent information and tips for helping you get more out of Google+.
Head over to: Google+ Partner Playbook to access the detailed PDF.
If you haven't yet checked out our top 15 posts & trends from 2013, be sure to do so now..
2013 was a great year for Google Plus!Our main goal here at Google Plus Cover Photo and Profile Image Size is (as our obvious name indicates...), to provide information and the best free templates for the Google+ Cover photo and Profile image. During the year our free templates have been downloaded by over 12,000 people!!! So thanks to you guys - we definitely feel like our 1st goal was achieved :)
Our Second goal is to keep you constantly up to date with all the latest news and changes related to Google+. And boy, this year was huge in terms of changes to Google+. From interface and design changes, to custom URL's & several changes to the cover photo, and of course the massive May/13 update - we've tried to do our best to get the news out to you as soon as it happened.
Our Third goal is to offer Tips & Tricks related to using Google Plus and during the year we've released multiple posts for both advanced & novice Google+ users which have created quite a buzz around the community.
Here's a summary of our top posts from 2013:Top Google+ Related posts of 2013
- Google Plus Rolled out a new cover photo - Free Template! (Nov/13)
- Google Plus Profile Image Size - Free Template (Oct/13)
- Google Plus Tips & Tricks Part 2 - g+ Keyboard Shortcuts
- Major Google Plus Upgrade - Everything you need to know! (May/13)
- Step by Step infographic to crop the cover photo to any size (March/13)
- Custom Url's for Google Plus Profile and Pages
- Google Plus Tips & Tricks Part 1 - Enhance posting experience in Google+
- Google Plus Cover Photo just got much bigger! (March/13)
- Google+ Notification Panel upgraded
- New Gmail Feature - Dropbox Integration -"View Folder"
- Set a timer directly from Chrome or Google Search
- Google Launches a new website called "Google Tips"
- Voice Calls from Google Hangouts is here!
- Nexus 5 is here, and it's powered by KitKat 4.4
- Google Hangouts + SMS Support & animated GIF's
Feel free to visit us on our lively Google Plus Page!
Categories - On the go, At Home, At the Office.
Or Product: Search, Gmail, Chrome, Android, YouTube, Maps, Docs, Drive, Play, Calendar, Keep, News, and Google+
Let's explore the Google+ Tips together:Head over to: https://www.google.com/get/googletips
Go to "By Product" and select Google+.
1. Give feedback to Google on whether or not the tips was helpful.
2. Suggest a card of your own. 3. Suggest general feedback regarding the service or the tip itself.
4. Share the tip with friends.
5. Close the tip and continue exploring.
Google Keep cards design (mentioned also in this post).
Google launched a new and very cool website called Google Tips.
Google updated its Google+ app for Android to version 4.2.4 with 5 new features:
1. Search for posts, people, photos and communities — all from the same search box.
2. Dig deeper into stories you like on a number of different categories such as Music and Science to Sports and Photography.
3. More control over "Who can notify me” settings. Adjust who can buzz your phone.
Unique holiday features:
4. When you +1 a post in your stream, you'll see something nice :)
5. Last but not least - Shake your photos to make them snow ;)
Here's a video:
Viewing your Google Plus Profile or Page as someone else is extremely easy:Above your profile cover image you'll find a button which allows you to switch your page view between Yourself, the Public or a Person from your circles.
What do the different views show?Yourself - All editing features and page management features are visible to you.
Public - See your page as the public (people who haven't circled your page) sees your page.
Circles - Type a name from your circles where it says "Enter Name". In this view you'll see your page as that specific person.
+Google Plus Cover Photo and Profile Image Size
* View google plus as someone else
Google Plus rolled out a new cover photo (480X270 pixels)!
As you've probably noticed by now, Google Plus has announced some new exciting changes. One of the most noticeable changes is without doubt the much larger size of the cover photo image. *15.3.13 Update! Major Google+ Upgrade *11.6.13 Update! Dashboard Feature announced *19.6.13 Update! New g+ notification panel! *29.10.13 Update!Hangouts+SMS integration, Animated Gifs...! *29.10.13 Update 2! Custom URL's for Google+ Profiles and Pages! 13.1.14 Update! Gmail & Google Plus Integration Explained
What is the size of the new google plus cover photo?
Please Tweet, +1 or Like the template to instantly reveal the Download link!
It means you can upload any photo which is in proportion to the sizes above.
To make the transition easier, here are 4 different templates for you to download and use!How do you use this templates? Follow the 4 super simple steps at the bottom of the page
100% Template Size - 2120x1192 pixels
Steps to create your own cover photo:
It's that simple!
- Download the google+ cover photo template you'd like to use from the links above
- Open the file and Insert your own photo
- Save it
- Upload the photo to your google+ page as your cover photo
The size ratio of the newest cover photo is 16:9, and can be sized anywhere from 2120 x 1192 pixels to 480x270 pixels.
To ensure the image is displayed in top quality across all devices and screens, it is highly recommended to upload an image of at least 920x520 pixels.
Download a free template for the new google plus cover photo
It's important to make sure you hovercard is neatly arranged and that it gives people hovering over your name enough information to make them want to follow your page.
This is what the google+ hovercard looks like:
Google has just announced the new Nexus 5 phone powered by Android 4.4 known as Kitkat.
The smart new phone from Google. Nexus 5 helps you capture the everyday and the epic in fresh new ways. It's the slimmest and fastest Nexus phone ever made, powered by Android 4.4, KitKat.
Slimmer, lighter design. Nexus 5 is precision-built from strong materials, and the intelligently simple design showcases more of what matters to you. At only 4.59 oz and 8.59 mm thin, it’s the most powerful Nexus phone yet.
4.95" 1920x1080 display (445 ppi)
Full HD IPS
Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
16 GB internal storage (actual formatted capacity will be less)
2 GB RAM
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
LTE: Bands: 1/2/4/5/17/19/25/26/41
Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 800, 2.3GHz
1.3MP front facing
8MP rear facing with Optical Image Stabilization
Android Kitkat 4.4
Android 4.4 takes system performance to an all-time high by optimizing memory and improving your touchscreen so that it responds faster and more accurately than ever before. This means that you can listen to music while browsing the web, or race down the highway with the latest hit game, all without a hitch.
The new phone app automatically prioritizes your contacts based on the people you talk to the most. You can also search for nearby places and businesses, your contacts, or people in your Google Apps domain.
Custom URL's for Google+ Profile and Pages! Get Yours Now!
What is a custom URL?
Instead of having a long link with tons of numbers linking to your Google+ Profile or Page, you can have a shorten link such as Google.com/+YourURL.
What is it good for?
- This will help help people remember your URL
- It looks much better when sharing.
Who is eligible to get a custom URL?
In order to get a custom Google+ URL you need to meet the following criterias:
- Profile & Photo.
- At least 10 followers
- And account older than 30 days.
- Linked website or verified local business.
Getting your custom URL through Google+
- If you meet the above criteria, you'll see a notification at the top of your Google+ page or Profile.
- Click Get a custom URL button to get started.
- Alternatively, from the "About" tab on your Profile, click the "Get" link located under your Google+ URL.
- You'll see the URL(s) you've been approved for.
- If you see more than one option, select the one you like best. You may also be asked to add a few numbers or letters to make the custom URL unique to you.
- Check the box to agree to the Terms of Service.
- Click Change URL.
At the moment, many pre approved custom url's will have an annoying ending such as Blogspot or Com. Note that you can only change the custom URL once, so think twice before you accept move to google.com/+YourCustomURLBLOGSPOT or google.com/+YourCustomURLCOM. We might see this change in the future, so perhaps it's best to wait.
google plus custom url, change google plus url, google plus url shortener, change pre approved google plus url
This is BIG news - SMS integration is coming to Google Hangouts!
"You can have one place to manage all of your communication," said Google's Vic Gundotra on stage. That means you’ll be able to use Hangouts as your default app both for traditional texting and web-based instant messaging, effectively replacing the default SMS app.
The same update will also introduce a one-tap location-sharing feature. “How many times have you been in a conversation with a friend, and the question has come up, ‘Where are you?’” Gundotra said. “There’s simply a button at the bottom, a place button. You click it, and we will get your location from Google Maps and inject it with a single click.”
More announcements from today's event include:
- HD hangouts available to all users across all devices.
- Automatically removes people in the background of your photos.
- One-tap location sharing for its Android app.
- Hangouts adding support for animated GIFs
What is the ideal image size for a Google+ post?
497x373 pixels are the ideal image dimensions on Google+.The more important factor of the image size is the width - 497 pixels.
You can upload images with a height set at 373 or larger (info graphics for example).
The recommended format for saving the image is PNG.
Incoming search terms:
What size image to upload images to Google plus?
What are the dimension of a Google+ image?
What image size is best for Google plus?
What size photo to upload for google+
If you've missed our previous posts, we've released 4 custom templates for the new google plus cover photo and a template for the new g+ profile picture so be sure to check those out (they've been download over 2,500 times by now!).
Today we're happy to release a super easy to follow - step by step guide, for cropping any cover photo to be as small as you want. Have in mind though, that no matter how small you crop the width of the image, it will always scale back up to fit the full size of the screen you're viewing the page from (read more about this here).
Step by Step guide - Crop Cover photo to Any Size!
NEW! Now you can download a full scale image of this Tutorial! Please +1, Tweet or Like this Tutorial to reveal the download link!
We hope you found this guide helpful!
Feel free to share it with your family & friends :)
Click the cover image.
(Don't click "Change cover", just click on the image itself.
When the image opens in the viewer select "Edit photo" at the top of the page.
Click on the "Crop" option at the top left.
Adjust the highlighted selection marquee handlers until the selection box covers the part of the image you want to use as your cover. (Leave enough room at the bottom for the info bar)
Click "Apply" in the crop box when done.
Click "Save" in the top right corner.
You're done! Refresh your page and enjoy the new (smaller!) look.
We hope you found this guide helpful!
Feel free to share it with your family & friends :) Tweet
Simply type in:
Timer for (x) Hours, (y) Minutes and (z) Seconds
i.e. Timer for 1 hour 15 minutes and 10 seconds.
Timer for (x) Minutes
Timer for (z) seconds
Once the timer starts, you can:
1. Stop it.
2. Reset it.
3. Insert a specific time directly into the timer itself.
When the timer reaches 0, it will make a beeping sound until you hit the OK button.
Check out our quick example video below ;)
#Google #GoogleTips #GoogleTimer #GoogleTricks
But today, Google Voice in Hangout is back!You can now place regular phone calls from Gmail, Google Plus or the Hangouts Chrome Extension.
In Gmail, you will now see a small phone icon inside the hangout window:
|Call Phone in Gmail Hnagouts|
|Call Phone in Google Plus Hangout|
|Call Phone in Google Plus Hangout|
Add Formatting to your hangout messages
|Add formatting to google plus hangouts|
So here's how it works: Bold Text - ctr+b / Command + b
The size of the new google plus cover photo is 480x270 pixels.
Google Plus Notification Panel Upgraded:What has been upgraded? 1. Separation between current and past notifications.
2. A bell icon was added.
3. When hovering over a current notification you will see a small animation indicating the notifications origin (i.e. Circles, Community..)
4. One click to mark all comments as read.
Google has released a new feature for Google Plus Pages, it's called Dashboard.So what is Google plus dashboard? Pavni Diwanji from Google said it's here to "make it easier to manage your online presence – all across Google.”
So what will you find in the new Dashboard?Tweet
When you first login to your Google Plus page, you'll be welcomed by a tour of the new dashboard feature.
|Welcome to Dashboard|
|Look good across Google|
|Google Plus Page Completion status|
|Google Plus Dashboard Icon|
|People want to hear from you|
Local business will get extra feature:Tweet
2. A quick view of their AdWords Express and Offer campaigns.